Monday, August 25, 2008

Palmer's First...

...Pool Experience! It was so much fun. Darcie took us while Garth got some alone time back at her house, recovering from his wisdom teeth extraction (see below post). Palmer didn't know what to think right away but saw his cousin Zoie having so much fun and warmed up right away. It's amazing that they have a natural ability to swim already. Plus he has no problem floating. He is very buoyant!

This was the only picture that turned out of us in the pool. That is me w/Palmer though. All the others were blurry. Maybe because he was swimming so fast! Haa haa!



...Rice cereal! He loved it. I've heard such funny stories of babies just hating the stuff but he smiled and cooed and opens his mouth for more! I really wanted to wait until he was 6 months old and exclusively nurse until then but when I go to work, he really fights Garth on the bottle. So I wanted to try another option so Garth can feed him while I'm gone for hours on end. It can be really frustrating for both of us and a little heartbreaking that he will get so hungry rather than take a bottle. We've been practicing a lot with an Adiri bottle, which seems to be working the best, and he may be getting a little better but definitely prefers nursing. We have tried every bottle out there, I swear, and every kind of pacifier (which he doesn't like either)...so after his 4 month check up, the doc gave the okay to start trying foods when we felt ready.

Palmer is in the 50th percentile range now with his weight, height and head circumference. We are so proud. He started out so small (4 lbs) and has caught up so fast! He now weighs 14.5 lbs, and is 25 inches long! It must be all that nursing :)

6 comments:

Julie said...

Fun! I love swimming with babies! And I can't believe you are in a bikini and you just had a baby! Good job! And good job to Palmer for loving his rice cereal!

Melissa said...

I agree about the bikini, my poor body will never go in one of those, too many stretch marks...you are just hott, good job!

Sara said...

Your comment about Zach being a horse whisperer made me laugh...maybe you're right! And I agree-NOT FAIR at all that your body doesn't look any different after having a baby...how in the world does that happen? Let me know if things change after two more kids...we'll see if you are human after all :)

Woolstenhulme-4-ever said...

Hey Alicia,
You have such a cute Baby, that is the first time I have seen him!How fun.. I just got a new blog it is www.woolstenhulme4ever.blogspot.com I think I might put my blog on private so let me know what your E-mail is!! Thanks Kortnee (Nelson) Woolstenhulme

Julie said...

Done and Done! Sorry I forgot to tell Brenda before! I hope you guys have a fun weekend!

alicia king said...

how fun! I went to the fair this last week...and saw your preg. photo that the photographer entered! very cute picture!