Friday, August 22, 2008

Wisdom Teeth...

Poor Garth got his wisdom teeth out on Saturday (the 16th) in Salt Lake at a place called Wisdom Teeth Only. Meaning...exactly that. All they do all day is wisdom teeth extraction. Garth and I walked into the office around 10:15 and were on our way (minus 3 wisdom teeth) by 11:00. From the waiting room I could hear the drill going almost the whole time as the doctor had to drill Garth's bottom teeth and suck out the pieces rather than just pulling them because they were so badly impacted. Garth should have had them out 6 years ago but put it off until now. And only because I made the appointment and then told him the time and date he was getting rid of them. They've bothered him pretty badly for the past 4 years on and off. They've been the worst the past 2 years and I'd had enough of him complaining and never doing anything about it.

He thought it would be a walk in the park...
We made it to Logan and decided to stay the night with his sister Darcie rather than continue the suffering in the car. She and Andy were such awesome hosts and took such good care of all three of us.
Garth is just feeling better now. And it's been over a week.
During the week of recovery-on Monday, the 18th was our 2 year wedding anniversary, Palmer's first pool experience, he tried rice cereal for the first time, and liked it ...







5 comments:

Melissa said...

Ouch! That made me cringe to read about them sucking out pieces of tooth. I'm glad he is feeling better now!

That is exciting about rice cereal for palmer! Teagan had to get used to it in bottle form before we could feed it to him with a spoon and now he loves it. How did he like the pool?

Julie said...

I am sorry we missed you guys! I would have loved to see you!

Sara said...

I feel so bad for Garth!! My mom just got her wisdom teeth taken out and hers were like Garth's. OUCH!!

Brenda said...

Poor Garth! Sounds like he and I had about the same experience... not very fun. Congrats on Palmer being such a cutie. Also, congrats on maintaining a bikini body... not an easy feat especially after pregnancy :)

crapo family said...

hey guys! okay Garth I'm so sorry about the teeth - but I seriously can't wait for Mikael to get home just so I can show him the picture of you with the swollen face :)! he. he. I love it! Good job Alicia! yay for Palmer growing up! and glad you guys are doing so well!