Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July


Yesterday was such a fun and full day. We went to the 4th of July parade in Victor in the morning where we rode around on our cruisers with Palmer in a front carier. Then had lunch at Grandma Marian's for the Durtschi family reunion. It was so nice to see everyone. The weather was great. Not too hot, not too cold. Then our little family headed over to Jackson because I had to work. Garth and Palmer came too to keep me company but mostly because Palmer refuses to take a bottle and would rather starve and scream the whole time I'm at work than put it in his mouth! Any suggestions would be appreciated. I had an hour break between appointments so we went out to sushi and I fed Palmer. Then we got home around 10pm just in time for Driggs's fireworks. They were short and sweet. We watched from Garth's grandpa Ned's house. It is also Garth's dad's birthday on the fourth so there was a quick birthday celebration after the fireworks then we were off to bed. My most exciting news though was that Palmer slept almost 6 hours in a row last night! Which was so suprising because he slept a lot of the 4th away. It's just too cozy being caried around in the front pack and too hot to hardly stay awake I guess. I'm just hopeful that this is the beginning of the end of 2-3 times a night feedings...

8 comments:

Jessica said...

Hey Alicia!!!!
Blogging world - gotta love it. I am soo glad Julie talked you into starting your own. My blog is set to private so email me your address and I could send you an evite - if you'd like: jessicadriggs@hotmail.com

Your little boy Palmer is a handsome little guy! Aren't boys soo fun?!!
Keep in touch

Julie said...

That is great that he slept 6 hours! It was so fun to see you and finally meet Palmer for real! Hopefully we see you again soon!

Melissa said...

6 hours!!! That is as good as Teagan did last night, What a good little boy! I'm so jealous of your cruiser/stroller, it is a dream on wheels!

Gloria said...

That is great that he slept that long-the real question is, did you get a full 6 hours of sleep? Where you wondering if he was still alive that whole time? That would have been me for sure-I was a freak when Conner didn't wake me up every couple of hours.

Gloria said...

oh by the way-my little brother Gary is going out w/ your little sister whitney tonight??? What do you think about that. Julie and I hooked it up-if all goes well, I will see you at the wedding :)

Sheen said...

you are so cute alicia! wish we would've seen you on the 4th at the parade. i really want to see that cute boy in person! he is getting so big! you look great too! so glad that you have a blog now! now you need to get candace to make one. :)

Afton said...

Hey you! congrats on the baby he's darling. I saw you on someone elses blog and spopped by to say hi.. love, afton

Melissa said...

Hey Alicia, I put instructions on my blog for bloglines. They are on the right side. Call me if you have any questions.