Tuesday, November 17, 2009

She's Crafty

I've decided this year to decorate for Christmas so I made our stockings and a tree skirt. It was a LOT of work. Way more than I thought it would be. It took me 12 hours with help from my mom for the last 8. My little sister Rachel helped by keeping the machines threaded and feeding us (among other things).
Garth even stopped by and helped trim and iron...but mostly kept Palmer happy and occupied. It was a family effort for sure. Here is the finished tree skirt:
The bigger stockings are for me and Garth (mine is the stocking on the right with the beaded trim), the elf stockings are for Palmer and his baby brother on the way and the smallest one was a sample my mom made up first to make sure no step was left out...we're using it for Duke (our dog).

The pictures don't do them justice. They turned out so pretty!

13 comments:

leslie mae said...

Wow! I LOVE them! What pattern did you use? They turned out GREAT!!

Sheen said...

LOVE them! i have kind of the same fabric that i'm making ours out of too!

great minds think alike!

you did a fabulous job!!!!!

how are you feeling?

Lindsay and Ron said...

Super cute! I can't sew unless my mom is right by my side the whole time-i love moms!

Jessica said...

LOOK AT YOU!!! Great job! I think they are adorable.

Melissa said...

I LOVE them. I want to make some this year, but I'm going to be making other stuff...save the pattern and maybe I'll steal it from you for next year. :)

The fabric is so pretty, you did an amazing job!

Sara said...

I love the fabric! So stylin'. That picture of you and your mom sewing together is priceless! Good job!! I still need to make our stockings...wonder if it'll happen...

Angie said...

I'm so impressed! Love the fabric! Beautiful.

three little birds said...

I love how they turned out! You're amazing!! :)

Anonymous said...

that is so fun that you could do that with your mom and sister- and garth! what a moment!

Taryn said...

becky homecky!!! I love damask...I think though I love the pic of garth ironing the most...that's good stuff!

Robbi Williamson said...

Wow! Those are the cutest ever

alicia king said...

beautiful! they are awesome!

susan3of14 said...

So fun to see a photo of your mom and you working on things together. Your finished products were beautiful!