Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Aspen, CO

I haven't posted about the X-Games race yet! It was so much fun! Garth ended up doing pretty well. He got right into the final, getting 3rd in his qualifyer. (They took top 5) He got a dead last start though, as usual, and fought up to 3rd. Garth is always testing my heart strength. He starts out in the back, stressing me out, and then just works his way up as far as he can. I guess it's better than starting out in front and getting passed and ending up in the back though-right? This was his fourth year going to the X-Games for SnoCross and his first year making the final.

Then in the final, just a couple laps into it, he got t-boned in a corner bending his frpnt ski. He got going again and could tell something wasn't right and got bucked off bad. Then he was out. He pulled off the track and cheered on his team mate and friends that were still in the race.

Palmer and I got to fly (rather than make the 17 hour drive from MN) with the team owners and their family. Which was so much help and made it a lot funner. We all stayed in a house together and made smores over the log fire! I loved it. I absolutely love smores. I've been known to make them at home over our electric stove if I'm really craving one.



This is me and Josie, one of the team owners' daughters (9)

3 comments:

Nicole said...

She is a cutie! I'm glad you had fun.

Jaye said...

It was dang fun to watch Garth race on TV and say "yeah, that's right, he's my cousin" :) Good job Garth!

Julie said...

You look so cute in that picture! I am glad you guys had a good time and we were so excited to see Garth make it to the finals!